Steeped in history in the heart of Parco Agricolo Sud (Milan’s Southern Agricultural Park), this old farmhouse accurately renovated using only healthy and sustainable materials according to the principles of Eco-friendly construction (Green building), offers its guests 25 hectares (62 acres) of protected area devoted to organic farming..
On 34 hectares (84 acres) of land we grow fruit, vegetables, common wheat for bread making, trees and bushes. We raise Varzese cattle (SlowFood Presidium), donkeys, pigs, laying hens, chickens and honeybees.
We offer delicious organic cuisine with our own ingredients or provided by local farmers.
Santa Brera project draws its inspiration from the ethical principles of Permaculture:
- Taking responsibility for your own life
- Taking care of the land
- Taking care of people
- Sharing common resources
How can these principles be applied to our farm?
- Practicing organic farming
- Maximizing bio-diversity
- Supporting the life of wild animals
- Giving free access to visitors for a stroll
- Respecting the needs of the animals we breed
- Letting whoever joins the “Adopt A Vegetable Garden” project gather the vegetables themselves
- Organizing guided tours and follow-up meetings open to everyone
- Teaching the techniques and principles to get good results to anyone who wants to try to pursue a farm holding
- Hosting volunteers and Erasmus students for cultural exchanges and promoting employment
- Producing healthy food for residents, subscribers and customers
- Educating children and families to cultivate a more environmentally conscious and socially responsible approach in their lives
Azienda Agricola Biologica
TERRA E ACQUA
via Cascina Santa Brera
20098 San Giuliano Milanese (MI)